Kotobukiya - Sakamoto Ryōma - Samurai Chopsticks
Sakamoto Ryōma - Samurai Chopsticks
Sakamoto Ryōma was a prominent figure in the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate during the Bakumatsu period in Japan. One of his most noted accomplishments during this period was the negotiation of peace between Chōshū and Satsuma, two powerful provinces that had long been hostile to each other, and then unite them against the Bakufu, the government that supported the Tokugawashogun. Ryōma frequently used the alias Saidani Umetarō during this period, as he was often hunted by Bakufu supporters, such as members of the Shinsengumi. He was ultimately attacked and murdered, along with his companion Nakaoka Shintarō, at an inn in Kyoto. Although many suspects have been named, the identities of the assassins have never been confirmed.
- Kotobukiya's line of chopsticks based on the weapons of hitsorical figures continues with the Ryouma Sakamoto Samurai Chopsticks.
- Based on the color and design of the hilt and scabbard of Ryouma Sakamoto.
- Includes a special chopstick stand based on traditional Japanese katana display stands.
- Design incorporates Sakamoto's family crest
- Great for both eating and displaying!
We Also Recommend
$100 Dollar Bill Toilet Roll - Officially Licensed